Careers at UprightMRI
Please note that Upright MRI is a subsidiary of InHealth limited. You will be redirected to the InHealth website.
Medical Receptionist - London
Job title: Medical Receptionist
Salary: Starting From £22,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday-Friday, 37.5hrs a week
Location: London Fitzrovia
InHealth sees more than 4 million patients each year and diagnostic imaging is one of the busiest services that we provide. Our fully integrated imaging services offer increased capacity for NHS trusts, and convenient, fast access to services for patients.
What you will do:
- As a Medical Receptionist for our Fitzrovia CDC team you will play a pivotal role in how we support our patients throughout their healthcare journey. Provide a high-quality administrative and secretarial service for the unit to ensure an efficient service, using IT systems and digital technology to ensure patients feel informed throughout the process, and provide administrative support to colleagues for the imaging services we provide.
- Fitzrovia CDC also specializes in supporting Claustrophobic patients in their MRI Journey, with the use of our Open MRI scanners so ensuring their experience is smooth from the moment they walk in the door is key
What you are responsible for:
- Welcoming patients in a professional, courteous manner, coordinating their arrival through to departure
- Dealing with telephone and direct enquiries in a prompt and effective manner, ensuring the provision of information and prioritisation of queries as appropriate
- Booking clinically validated appointments on the internal system
- Ensuring all payments are invoiced promptly and accurately and that payments are taken on the day
- Tracking and distributing imaging data and reports as required
- Utilising relevant IT systems to support the delivery of a high-quality imaging service
- Assist with monthly reports
- Complying with ISO standards, respecting and protecting confidentiality
- Reporting any incidents, feedback or complaints effectively
- Ensuring patient and customer focus is central to the commercial success of the business.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Flexibility in working patterns to fulfil site requirements
- A proficient understanding of IT packages and administration tasks
- The ability to prioritise tasks whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both on the phone and face to face
- A strong understanding of confidentiality and data protection
- A supportive, trustworthy and reliable approach to their work
- An empathetic and caring approach.
You should apply if you have experience:
- Working in a fast-paced administrative role
- Being in a patient or customer facing environment
- Experience in a healthcare environment would be desirable but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft and other IT Packages
- Working independently and as part of a wider team.